Monday, May 2, 2016

De Retour

Hello once again! Great to hear from all of y'all and thanks again for all of the thoughts and emails. Quickly before I forget, skype will be around 5 o clock next Sunday - provided I'm still here, if not, well then I have absolutely no idea - haha but I will be shooting for that time wherever I am. I guess I should probably explain that now.

Well... I'M IN SHERBROOKE! So it's been an absolutely crazy week here. It started with me finishing my time as an assistant in Ville Marie expecting to go out to Chapel Hill in Ottawa with my new son, but ended with me out in Sherbooke once again. So I'll try my best to explain this:

My new greenie was supposed to come in with the new missionaries that we picked up from the airport on Tuesday, he's from Tahiti. We're at the airport and we see everyone come out BUT him...turns out he had visa problems and ended up staying in the MTC for however much longer he needs to be there for. The missionary department didn't even let us know ahead of time... so yeah, it's a pretty sad feeling when you are expecting to see your son get off at the airport and he never comes.... Meanwhile, while we were doing the usual activities and things we do with the new missionaries, we are trying to figure out what the heck is gonna happen to me - I had my bags ready to go out to Ottawa and everything.

The next day after the new missionary training was over president decided to keep me as an assistant in Ville Marie with Elder Caine and Elder Critchlow for another 2 weeks until we get another new foreign missionary, Elder Oopa, who would then come out to Chapel Hill with me to be trained. The first few days in Ville Marie after that were a lot of fun as we saw a lot of great miracles and found some new families. The members of that ward that I did get to see were super surprised, confused, and happy to still see me- they said I loved them too much to leave. On Saturday morning, after a service project, I got a text from president telling me to pack my bags to go out somewhere on a 2-3 day exchange. A few hours after that he gives us a call - so the new missionary that went to Sherbrooke to be trained ended up having to go home and he needed somebody else to go out there to fill in the companionship. I was ecstatic! haha I feels like comin home! I drove back to Sherbrooke with the Petersens and Elder Blake and that's where I am still currently! The people here freaked out when they heard or saw that I was back. Yesterday at church was a great experience to see a lot of familiar faces and connect back up with people I haven't seen for a while and that we have such a special relationship with. We've been going back and forth with visits to people that want us to come over and also in trying to get in touch with old people that we used to teach and work with when I was here. It's been a lot of fun so far and we are already seeing some great miracles. It's funny how the Lord works and oftentimes what He has in mind for us is a lot different than what our limited understanding can see. It's been so incredible to be back out here, it's such a special place and it's just really humbling to be with people that have such a strong love for us and appreciate the work that was done in the past when I was last here. I told the ward that apparently I didn't do a good enough job the first time so they sent me back here another time to make it right... the members are already talking about keeping me until I finish my mission, haha. I honestly have no idea how long I will be out here for, but I am determined to make the most of it. So yeah, we'll see where the Lord takes us. That's basically been my week...to say the absolute least.

We'll see where I end up by the end of this week! I'll see y'all on mothers day!

Love,

Elder Cody Warren Ritz

No comments :

Post a Comment