Monday, April 25, 2016

Salut, Salut, Salut

Hello Maman!

I'm just gonna apologize for the brevity of this email to start off, we are completely busy with transfers coming up this week. First off, thanks for all the thoughts and emails that were sent to me! It's been a while since I've heard from some of y'all so it's nice to catch up on what's been going on lately. It seems like the Athens buzz is starting to pick up now again that summer is rolling around and people are coming and going. Speaking of coming and going...

So yes, I am getting transferred. My time as an assistant has come to the end - I am really grateful for all of the experiences I have had over these past 6 months...I couldn't even begin to explain how much I have learned. Elder Critchlow will be taking my place - I gotta say, I'm pretty proud to be able to pass the torch onto a fellow southerner.

As for me, I'm goin out to Ottawa!! I will be spending my last 3 months in Chapel Hill with a new missionary - I get to train my fourth and final son!!! I can't tell you who he is though, that information is private until next week. Sorry, can't risk any leaks ;) but I can tell ya that he's a foreigner.

Our week has been insanely busy with transfer planning, leadership meetings, exchanges, and oh yeah, 3 BAPTISMS!!!!!!!! SIMON, LOUISE, AND MICHÉE WERE BAPTIZED!!!!! It was so awesome!! We had a good turnout for the baptism and we had two of our other investigators with baptismal dates show up as well. Such a sweet spirit was there as all three of them got up to bear their testimonies after their baptisms! On Sunday, the Bishop, Elder Caine, and I did the confirmations for them. And it was Frère Morin who did the actual baptisms themselves. It's always sad to say goodbye to everyone when you leave an area - especially when you stay there for a decent amount of time. People are forcing me to promise to come back - thankfully dad's got those business meetings up here in just a few years ;)

We have seen a lot of miracles over the course of these past few weeks and last week was nothing short of the same deal. I am really grateful for the work I have been able to see progress in my time here in Ville Marie. I love the people here and I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ that unites us all whatever country or whatever culture we are from. We are all working together for the same good and trying to get back to the same place to live with our Heavenly Father once again. Our pathways might be a little different, but in the end they all join together. I definitely feel like the Lord has prepared me for so many different things in my time here - he has also made me more aware of my weaknesses, but has also given me ways to find new strength as I try to become a little bit better each and every day - the same thing is offered to all of us thanks to the Grace, Merits, and Mercy of Jesus Christ. Thanks y'all for the love and support! I'll talk to y'all next week from Chapel Hill.

Love,

Elder Cody Warren Ritz

No comments :

Post a Comment