Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Action De Grace

Well it seems like y'all enjoyed another non-thanksgiving week! Luckily for us, we get two thanksgivings every year. I'm glad you enjoyed all the pictures... as I knew you would, and that some people are getting over their sicknesses- watch out for those flu shots though...

As for our week- it was a crazy one full of a lot of awesome experiences! We ended it on a great note last night as we got to celebrate Thanksgiving by eating with group of Haitians and Caribbeans! Gotta love the Haitian food...

The mission is also in preparation mode for the temple re dedication as well as our general authority visit from Elder Golden next week. It's only the sisters who will be participating in giving tours at the temple, but we will be going with some of the investigators and other people that we are inviting on the 1st of November. It's so cool to see another re dedication take place- but this time I am getting a whole different perspective of it. The experience will be great- and we have quite a few people here who are waiting to go for the first time when it re-opens so it will be a great experience to be able to go with them.

We are also getting to know the city super well due to all of our travel being on bus and metro- I am just falling more and more in love with this place.

Also this week we picked up 3 new investigators- one from Mexico, one from Quebec, and one who is from the states. Basically, how we got in contact which each one of those was a miracle and it's great to see how the Lord blesses us as we seek to increase our faith. That's something that I feel like is always changing for me- one moment I think I have a lot of trust in the Lord, and then the next moment, something happens and I find myself being taught again how to further my trust in the Lord. I think it's a question we need to be continually asking ourselves- "Do I have trust in the Lord?" We might say yes, but when we really think about it, are our actions reflecting that trust? It makes me think about the insight elder Anderson gave at conference: "How does the Lord view my Faith?" It's so interesting to read the different accounts of people throughout the scriptures that doubted, believed, and showed faith. One theme that you notice is how faith really is a principle of power and is of substance: The Lord simply CANNOT reward us if we lack faith, and He CANNOT work in our lives if we don't open it up to Him with our faith. It's simple: If we want little blessings, we show little faith. If we want great blessings, we show great faith. There are numerous examples of small and great faith in the scriptures- but the great thing is that the Lord only needs only the tiniest bit to work miracles, in our lives and in the lives of others. I love the way that Christ uses questions to evoke reactions of Faith in people and also to teach them basic principles of belief and faith. Truly, He is the master teacher. We need to always keep our faith in check by asking ourselves that same question, "How does the Lord view my Faith?"

Y'all are the best! Keep workin hard and passez une great semaine!

Love,

Elder Cody Warren Ritz

Philippino dinner complete with balut eggs... I ATE THAT...downed that thing like a champ...dad should be proud of me.

No comments :

Post a Comment