Monday, September 14, 2015

Il commence a faire froid...deja

Great to hear from y'all as usual! As the time of the year is changing, it's weird thinking of where I was this time a year ago...I am definitely getting a lot of flashbacks already to the first few months I spent in Quebec, especially as the weather is ALREADY cooling down and the jackets are coming back out. It warms my heart to hear all the football news- glad to hear the dogs are in the top ten and that Tennessee lost at home- always a good week when those two things go together. Ryan, Imma go ahead and wish ya a bonne fete/anniversaire before I forget! Gonna be a big bad teenager... just remember who your big brothers are, and that we won't hesitate to beat you up if you cause any trouble. Seriously though, enjoy your birthday week! I just wanna apologize as well for not having responded to some of the letters or emails that people have sent to me recently as well- these past few weeks have been crazy to say the least, and our time has been at a premium. I am doing my best to respond back to everyone bit by bit.

So for our week- We have really been delving into the ward list and going out to research some of these names that the ward has given to us. We are seeing some good things come from the work with the less actives here already and we are really feeling close to the people we are working with as well. We have our progressing investigator, Sylvain, committed to a baptismal date on Oct 31st! We are stoked for that and are looking forward to helping him work for that. He came to church yesterday and had a great experience with the ward. Also, just for an update- Louise's health is continuing to improve- that miracle there keeps going on day by day. I got permission from President Patrick to communicate with her and the Petersens every other week so I will be able to be updated on how she is doing. I realize more and more how lucky I am to be able to serve here- the diversity of cultures here has me learning something new every day. We also have been eating with a lot of people from all over the Caribbean lately so that has me falling in love with some of their foods. I realize how much has happened over the course of this past year and how much I have learned- I am so grateful for all of it and look forward to seeing what the next few months bring.

I also have nearly finished reading Jesus The Christ- such an incredible read. It has changed so many things or me- including my perspective and relationship towards The Savior. I have loved reading that book- and I have learned so much in this past year in general. I was also looking in the Bible Dictionary recently in studying prayer- it mentions how prayer is the moment where we align our wills with God's will- where the childrens' will are aligned with that of their parents. Prayer is direct communication with our Father in Heaven- and all of the "problems" or "difficulties" that people have with prayer derive from forgetting that relationship. As we draw closer to our Father in Heaven, pray becomes more natural and more instinctive on our part- and not so much as an opportunity to list off certain things, but instead a true moment of edification that comes from being guided by the Spirit in communicating with Him. We get out of it what we put into it- and it brings us back to the Sense of the Sacred- if we have it, we will understand that relationship.

Thanks for the love and support! Y'all are the best! Have a super belle semaine y'all!

Love,

Elder Cody Warren Ritz

No comments :

Post a Comment