Monday, August 17, 2015

Flush

Salut!

Thanks for all the pictures once again and thanks for all the love- it's good to hear that the school schedule is picking up again without too many complications. It's weird to think how much the ward has changed since I left and how much it is continuing to change.

Well, my time here in Sherbrooke is coming to an end, all 9 months of it. A lot of mixed emotions- I got a lot of love and appreciation from the Ward yesterday- it's gratifying to see the impact that we have had on the ward here. I definitely feel the love of the people here and will always be grateful of the connections and relationships that I have built with people here. I can't even begin to describe my feelings- I just love Sherbrooke, and I am proud to see the impact that the Lord has been able to have on this area as he has worked through us. There are so many things I have to get done here before I leave on Wednesday...It's sad saying goodbye, but exciting at the same time to be going to a new place.

So as for my new area, I will be doing the infamous "flush train"- I will be training again (A THIRD SON! building the legacy here...) We are opening up a new area in the mission in the south part of the island of Montréal- goin back to the big city. The area is called Lasalle- there are already missionaries there of course, but we are creating a new area. I am stoked to get out there and get to work! It's gonna be a great experience and I am already hearing a lot of good things about that area- especially on how pretty it is as it is right on the edge of the Saint Florence river. I don't think we are gonna have a car either so this time it looks like I'll be experiencing the Montreal public transportation system. It's gonna be hard to say goodbye to the 2015 equinox beauty that has been with me ever since she was born into the mission...another goodbye I am not looking forward to.

Things continue to move forward here in Sherbrooke. With Louise- we are continuing to witness a miracle. She has been improving- her state is back to where it was a few months ago- it's absolutely incredible. She's been studying her patriarchal blessing a lot ever since she got it a few weeks ago. She also fasted for the first time the other day and turned in fast offerings- this woman continues to amaze me. Her faith, her ability to turn outward and want to help others despite the condition she is in- it's just unlike anything I have ever seen. Just an absolute pure source of inspiration, strength, and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. I really cannot wait for y'all to meet her someday- she is incredible and I have been so privileged to be apart of this huge step in her life and I look forward to what the future will bring.

To end, yesterday I ended up sharing 2 Nephi 9:21-23 with the ward yesterday in my final words. - (21 And he cometh into the world that he may save all men if they will hearken unto his voice; for behold, he suffereth the pains of all men, yea, the pains of every living creature, both men, women, and children, who belong to the family of Adam. 22 And he suffereth this that the resurrection might pass upon all men, that all might stand before him at the great and judgment day. 23 And he commandeth all men that they must repent, and be baptized in his name, having perfect faith in the Holy One of Israel, or they cannot be saved in the kingdom of God.") - That scripture provides us with the reason why- the reason why we meet together at church, why we take the sacrament, why we are here, why I am a missionary- Christ is the only "Why" strong enough to provide a long lasting conversion where people are "rooted into the word" That why is what we should be contemplating every sunday when we take of the sacrament- why are we there? why are we doing it? It's that kind of reflection that allows us to gain a better sense of the sacred and will turn every Sabbath day into a more spiritual experience- which is what it NEEDS to be. If we don't have that sense of the sacred or if we treat sacred things that are given to us lightly- we lose them. It's as simple as that.

I love y'all and look forward to letting you know how the new area is with the new son next week! Prenez soin de vous! Bonne Sémaine!

Love,

Elder Cody Warren Ritz

5 minutes for louise- we hiked that for her. It's her birthday today btw- forgot to mention that. That's one of her presents, and we are going to celebrate it with her shortly this evening.

No comments :

Post a Comment