Monday, July 20, 2015

Bon Mariage!

Salut à tous!

I appreciate all the pictures once again- dang, y'all have definitely not hesitated on going all out this past week. I definitely am glad that codyonastick is enjoying the time out there for me amidst all the activities throughout the week. I love the wizzard photo haha. Alex, that seriously will forever be our best picture together. Hope y'all are enjoying plenty of seafood for me as well! Dad is lookin good on the ATV too...I saw the picture with the purse as well... y'all keep havin a good time and enjoy the hectic week in preparation for the marriage! I'm super excited for y'all! Also don't go too crazy with so many people in the house...

Our week has been a pretty crazy one with a lot of things going on. We are getting prepared for a big fireside here in two weeks where President Patrick and his family will be the special invited guests and will be speaking. We have invited a couple other wards in the area to attend so it is looking to be a major activity that we are all super excited for- the focus is on missionary work! Bet y'all could never have guessed...which is why the missionary group here has been put in charge. Louise is still being taken care of in the hospital and just bein happy ol Louise! It's good to see how high she keeps her spirits despite all that is going on! We are also continuing to see miracles happen with the people around her throughout this whole experience. The ward is starting to get a service put together and we already have the permission to attend from President Patrick whenever it happens- that definitely will be a different experience. In the young men, I have been moved to 1st counselor as Martin has left on his mission- we are seeing a lot of good results come from the reactivation effort of the Young Men as we have been focusing on a particular family with young men that have been needing some extra support and help.

I am continually reminded of how this is exactly where the Lord needs me to be when I need to be here- the relationships I have established with the people here are just something I am so grateful for. I absolutely love the people here and am blessed to be a part of what is going on here in Sherbrooke- we have seen a significant increase in the Sacrament Meeting attendance over this past quarter- part of that is due to refreshing the member records and part of it is due to the efforts of the missionaries and the members here. We are seeing great things happen with families and individuals new and old to the church here. Pierre and Beatriz are doing great- we are continuing to see the spirit work through them in their desires to make changes and learn more in their lives.

Also this week, the lake/park next to us had their annual "fete de nations"- with live performances every night as well as activities and fireworks contests. While we didn't take part in the activities, we did get a nightly fireworks show for the week- and there were some good ones. All we had to do was look out the window and we could see them shooting off over the lake. All the festivities and music make me realize how long it has been since I have listened to music other than church music- a whole year, it's crazy. I don't know how I've done it haha. I constantly see the power of Atonement working through me and through the other people that we are working with. There are a lot of things that have come up recently- a lot of things that have demanded time, attention, and efforts and when I look back- I definitely can just see how the Lord has strengthened us through it all. The power of the Atonement is something that stretches far beyond the reaches of just forgiveness of sins. The power is real and something that we can garner strength from as we make it a part of our daily lives in our personal relationship with Christ. I look back and am amazed at how much has happened this past year- I can't believe I am past the half way point. Thanks for all the love and support that y'all continue to give to me! Congratulations Kaitlyn and Alex on the new life y'all will be sharing together! I will definitely be there with y'all! You can't get away from me that easily. Enjoy the week, take time to take it all in, and know that I love y'all! Andy, make sure to give Alex a hard enough time for the both of us!

Bon Marriage!

Love,

Elder Cody Warren Ritz

No comments :

Post a Comment