Monday, June 22, 2015

Il fait chaud en tabernoosh

Bonjour à vous autres! J'espère que la semaine s'est bien passée malgré la chaleur... I must say that the weather here is quite lovely. If it's a really hot day here it might reach up into the 80s, which is fine with me- everyone here is always complaining about the heat and humidity though...I guess I'm the only one just sitting here and soaking it in haha, because it really is nothing compared to the Georgia summers.

It's good to hear that the summer activities are continuing to go well! Jurassic World? what is that? Seriously, I remember seeing an advertisement for that movie for the first time a little bit ago and was completely blown away that they were making another one- that's when you definitely know when you are getting too old on the mission- movies and songs that you hear or see advertisements for and you have no idea. I am definitely out of the loop- it's a funny feeling. Luckily, I'm able to at last stay up to date with all things missionary. And just so you know my eye is better- no need for drops or anything of the sort. Thank ya kindly. It's so crazy to hear about everyone getting ready to leave for their missions as well! I am definitely proud of our ward- we got quite the missionary group heading out. That's exciting to hear about Macey Lane going to Hawaii and Daeshaun you better keep me up to date with that process! Also Alex J, you better let me know where you are going as soon as you get it! I really look forward to y'all joining me out in the field! Y'all gon love it! Proud to be a missionary from ATHII!

Kaitlyn and Alex- enjoy your road trip... don't go too crazy on the long drive. And tell Bart and Amber that I LOVE THEM!

We had a pas mal crazy week here in Sherbrooke- things are continuing to move forward as we are helping certain investigators like Pierre and Beatriz work towards baptism. The less active efforts are continuing to improve as we work with the members as well- the members here just continue to amaze me. And yeah, we have a pretty small ward- avg attendance is about 80 people and the ward list has over 280...yeah, we got a lot of work to do here. President always says that he puts a lot of thought into the missionaries that he sends to Sherbrooke- I can see why more and more how everyone that is here serving at this point in time is meant to be here for a very particular reason. The Lord knows what He is doing.

We also got a chance to visit with Louise again this week and gave her another blessing- seriously, every moment spent with her is just incredible. I have had so many experiences with her that I look forward to sharing with y'all someday when I get back- I won't do so over the email. She is just such a light and an inspiration- one of those people that really teaches you what true beauty is. Despite her struggle- she and her mom continue to stay strong and inspire. This week I have really been impressed on the importance of the Spirit in everything we do. I love that quote that you sent, Dad. It is definitely one of my favorite ones in Preach My Gospel. Literally everything that you have shared with me was what has been running through my mind over the course of this week.

“In this work it is the Spirit that counts--wherever we serve. I know I must rely on the Spirit. Let us obtain that Spirit and be faithful members of the Church, devoted children and parents, effective home teachers, edifying instructors, inspired ward and stake leaders.”

The Holy Ghost causes our feelings to be more tender. We feel more charitable and compassionate with each other. We are more calm in our relationships. We have a greater capacity to love each other. People want to be around us because our very countenances radiate the influence of the Spirit. We are more godly in our character. As a result, we become increasingly more sensitive to the promptings of the Holy Ghost and thus able to comprehend spiritual things more clearly.

I appreciate greatly all the emails, love, support, and encouragement that y'all give to me constantly! Bonne Semaine y'all!

-Love,

Elder Cody Warren Ritz

No comments :

Post a Comment