Monday, June 8, 2015

Été

Dang...all those lake and beach photos are making me a little jealous. It ain't easy not being able to swim and do the usual summer activities- I definitely got sent to the right mission because it would be torture for me to be serving on an island somewhere not being able to enjoy the water. Of course I say this, and I'll end up getting transferred to Rimouski, on the edge of the Atlantic way up North where there is still likely snow... I'll knock on wood for that one. The pictures of Kaitlyn and Alex turned out well- I wonder how many painstaking hours were spent out in the heat to get those...definitely don't miss the July picture sessions from last year. As for Elexsis, I will definitely keep her in my prayers. I hope all goes well with that. Be sure to let me know how Ryan's first week of scout camp goes as well! Ya gotta love the memories you make at scout camp! haha

We had ward conference here yesterday, which went really well. I am continually impressed with the leaders of the stake here, and I love listening to President Pirlet every time he talks. That Belgium is just filled with an awesome fire. We spent some time up in North Hatley this past week trying to get in contact with some less actives that the Bishop wanted us to go see- that place was absolutely gorgeous. It's this little dainty town that is void of commercial activity- most of property there belongs to non residential celebrities on the edge of the river that runs through the town or the lake and everyone there is either rich or a tourist. We definitely enjoyed getting to see everything as we passed through.

I have also started reading Jesus the Christ- I decided I am going to tackle this thing before I get home from my mission. I have just started and I am already loving that book so much.

This past week I was also in a bit of reflection regarding the accident back in October with dad. For some reason it seems like so many people I know have either had some life changing news, near death experiences, or have passed away - since I have been out on my mission. Like you said mom, it really changes our perspective. And for me, I have been thinking just how much dad's accident back in October changed my perspective. When I got the news it absolutely shook me- I felt ready to get out and do work as a new missionary and I was stopped in my tracks when I found out what happened. I knew everything was happening as it should and that it would turn out alright in the end, but with all that being said, it wasn't easy being away from family and everyone. I can't begin to express how much that taught me to put my trust in the Lord. It taught me that I needed Him, and that he was there for me, to fortify me and to lift me up, just as he was there to do the same for y'all back home. I look back and think just how much closer that experience brought me to my Savior and how it taught me early how to really put my trust in the Lord- a lesson that I am grateful to have learned earlier on my mission; yet, I still feel like I am learning more and more about it every day. I have had a lot of other experiences since then that have continued to shape and transform my perspective. But really, I am just extremely thankful for the way that everything has turned out. My Love and appreciation for the Savior grew as my love and appreciation for my Dad grew during that entire experience. I will never be able to accurately put it into words- but I love y'all. Thanks for all the constant support and love that you give to me! Take care and have a great week!

Love,

Elder Cody Warren Ritz

No comments :

Post a Comment