Monday, May 18, 2015

It Pays to Have a Good Driving Record

DAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG... Alex is only home for a week, and I feel like I have missed SO much already haha. I never gave Alex permission to marry my sister... so I'm not really sure what he is doing. Really though, I am excited for y'all, but not at all envious of the strenuous months of planning and organizing that lie ahead. Although, I am gonna miss y'all and it is a shame that I won't be there for all of it, I can't exactly say I'm gonna miss that part ;) wow. Crazy things are happening down in Georgia. It's nice to hear that everything is going well for the end of the school year back home as well. I can't believe Ryan is taller than Kaitlyn now...dude you better stop growing. Just remember that I am your older brother and will always be able to beat you up whenever I want...same goes for you Alex.

As for our week.... :)))))) 2015 Chevy Equinox. That's all I gotta say. They gave us our new car on wednesday. Literally, that baby was driven right off the lot when we got her. just 200 km. She's got the new car smell and everything. Needless to say, we were pretty stoked when we got her. It has caused quite a stir among the members here- our Bishop wouldn't let us leave church yesterday without showing it off to him. It's a lot better than the old one we had- they like to sell the mission cars once they reach 80,000 km. They told us when they gave it to us that the only reason they were giving us this new one was because our driving records were clean. If not, they would have given us "junk". What can I say? Hard works pays off. Of course Alex is sure to say how spoiled we are to actually have cars in our mission. My response: -40 C. Anyway, I will stop my rant on how much we love the new car. It will without a doubt be the nicest car I drive for years to come, haha. There is no way I will be able to afford something like that anytime soon after the mission.

Other than that lovely part of our week- I also got to spend a day in Longueil again on exchange. It was great to see old people again and I actually met two people that day with ties to Georgia. One of them was from Athens, Greece actually- haha. When I told him I was from Athens too he had a good laugh. He was actually really fascinated by the American Civil War- so we had a great chance to talk to him. Also, this weekend we met two new African families that we are starting to teach this week. It was such an awesome experience- they literally just let you in as soon as they open the door. It's like a breath of fresh air when compared to the quebecois here. We are stoked to be teaching them- they are just the best people there is. Seriously, I am going to Africa a TON in my life.

We also had a great activity with the youth of the ward last night- we did a simulated mission experience. Where they get their calls, go to the MTC (prison), and then go out to the field and start teaching. It was a great opportunity for us to give some support to the youth of the Ward, especially those that may be struggling a bit. It made me think back on my MTC experience. And while it was a little cabin fever inducing- It was a rather unique experience. One that will never happen again. I really would like to teach there after my mission now that I think about it. To all the new missionaries getting ready to leave, my message to you: EMBRACE the MTC. Especially if you are speaking a different language.

So, I love y'all, thanks for all the love and support you give to me! I can feel it constantly! Y'all are the best! Bonne Sémaine à tous!

-Elder Cody Warren Ritz

No comments :

Post a Comment