Tuesday, May 26, 2015

I'm Having Another Son!

Salutations Mother!

First off, I appreciate all the birthday wishes from everyone! I hope the recovery from the surgery is going well- just try not to get hooked on those pain killers. Seriously, part of me really wishes I could be there to see everything unfold for the wedding over the next two months- and then another part of me is super glad I don't have to deal with any of that haha. I'll just keep enjoying my stress free life while y'all have fun with all of that this summer. I also opened the birthday presents and card- that horse card is probably one of the most annoying cards I have ever seen haha. And I appreciate the Sr. Sol sweatshirt! :DDDDDD I didn't even know they made those. Sr Sol is my life.

As for me:

We got transfer calls this weekend...ANNNNNNDDDD I'M GONNA BE A DAD AGAIN! Best birthday present I could ever ask for! Elder Blackwelder is going to La Prarie (replacing my trainer, Elder Norman, because he is finishing his mission) and I will be training again for the 2nd time in a row here in Sherbrooke. We'll find out who he is on Wednesday when we have the trainers meeting at the mission office in Montreal. Super stoked- I get to add another family member to the family tree here- paving my legacy.

This week we also had Zone Conference which was awesome! Just a reminder of just how inspired President Pirlet (the stake president) and President Patrick are- they'll get ya motivated to do some work out here. Our conferences are always half english and half french- it's pretty neat. We also have Stake Conference this weekend so I am looking forward to that as well!

Yesterday we had a missionary themed Sunday which was kinda thrown on us at the last minute- I ended up giving a talk in Sacrament about family mission plans/ family missionary work. It went pretty well. We are feeling good about the direction the work is headed here in this ward- we have a lot of work to do in regards to the less actives and potential priesthood holders- but we are excited to keep moving forward with the leaders and members of the ward. I really have developed a great connection with the members here, and I do have their trust- which helps out a LOT. It's such a great blessing and opportunity to be able to work here with them.

I also had another interview with President Patrick- I love that man. He has had some great experiences in the past that really help me get a vision of what I need to do as a missionary and in my life in general. Seriously, such a great experience- he' s just someone I can joke around with and be serious with at the same time.

Thank y'all once again for all the Birthday wishes! It does me a lot of good to hear from y'all! Y'all are the best! Keep working hard, don't get too stressed with all the summer activities (summer is for relaxation...). Have a great week! I'll talk to y'all next week when I'll be officially a 19 year old...movin on up in the world.

Have a bien beau week y'all!

Love, Elder Cody Warren Ritz

No comments :

Post a Comment