Monday, March 23, 2015

Still Snowing in Canada

Hope y'all are enjoying the rain and warm weather! I would take the rain any day at this point haha. I enjoyed the plethora of pictures as always mother- Josh is really looking older, it's kinda crazy to see. So Ryan had his first camping trip huh? It's about time he starts manning up- learn to love it haha. Thanks for the Quote from Elder Nelson dad, that one right there is a good one. Good luck with the Egg selling as well Andy... I find it funny that y'all had to go to a class for that. Especially that dad went as well...I hope he didn't get up there and start correcting the instructor- dad probably could have taught that class by himself. The laundry and everything is fiiiiiiiiinnnee mother...even if there were horror stories, I wouldn't tell ya those until after my mission ;) plus I still think the worst horror story is what happened before I even got to the MTC- when Grandma's dog peed all over my suitcase. It's kinda hard to get worse than that. (knock on wood)

This week we had a lot of ups and downs. We went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders and we also had a Zone Training Meeting- President Patrick is the man. We have a new initiative coming out for Easter Called "Parce que Jésus vit", "Because He Lives" in English. The video will be coming out this Friday- it's pretty dang good.

We had a lot of appointments canceled on us this week- so we were stuck outside walkin in the Blizzard for most of Tuesday- ain't gonna forget that one. We did end up meeting with two new families at the end of this week though that made it really all worth while. Seriously, there aren't many places where you will be teaching in French, but reading in Spanish as a missionary haha. That's what we ended up doing Saturday evening with our new investigator Elisabeth- she has got quite a story. It's just awesome to talk to people who you can tell have been prepared by the Lord- she is willing to be baptized if she receives an answer for herself and literally all of the answers she was giving us were EXACTLY what you want to hear as a missionary. I felt like we were on one of those training videos for the missionaries with the super golden investigators that you hardly ever meet- it was THAT good. The other family was the Flores family- seriously, they have quite a story. I will have to explain to y'all when we talk over skype in about a month.

I also got a call during the week from one of the counselors in the young men's here who I have become pretty good friends with- he asked if he could borrow one of my flower ties in particular to wear at a tropical themed wedding. I couldn't help but laugh and give him a hard time- that's pretty desperate when you are asking missionaries for ties. Of course I let him borrow it though, I couldn't pass up the chance for him to sport one of my ties. He said he got a lot of comments on it...

I seriously just grow to love the people more and more here as time goes by- I really am developing such a bond with the members here in Sherbrooke and I am really beginning to notice it. We have a mutual trust for each other, which really helps the work to move forward here. We are going out teaching with a member of the bishopric at least once a week as well- it really just makes such a difference. I love the people here- it's gonna be hard to leave whenever the time comes. But for now, Imma enjoy it while I can.

I hope y'all have a great week! I look forward to hearing from y'all again next week! Bonne Semaine!

-Elder Cody Warren Ritz

No comments :

Post a Comment