Monday, February 2, 2015

I forgot what grass looks like...

Salut!!!

First off I'm glad to hear the Pats won the super bowl. Also, I am actually kinda relieved that football season is officially over...now I don't have to feel like a part of me is constantly being torn out. Dad, it's good to hear that you are slowly getting into the groove of things again with work- make sure you keep up with those therapy exercises as well- if ya don't sweat, ya haven't worked hard enough. It's super exciting to hear that Elise is going to Peru! There are quite a few Peruvians here as well- two things I have learned: The women LOVE to talk, like seriously...and the food is pretty dang good. I am super excited for her!

So I got the package that you sent me the other day- the sisters picked it up for me when they were at the office. Much appreciated. I think I would have been alright with maybe a bag or two less of the Ramen, haha but I can't complain. I'm still waitin for that freeze dried chimichanga... Seriously, most missionaries will talk about their girlfriends back home or their pets or their families...me, I just talk about Sr. Sol. Seriously, I don't think there is anything else that I have talked more about to people here than that place. Y'all are pretty great too though, don't get me wrong.

So we have a senior missionary couple coming here to Sherbrooke as well. They actually just got here a little bit ago and we spent some time helping them into their new place. The ward is definitely excited to have a senior couple here to help out with various needs. They jumped for joy in sacrament when they heard we were getting sisters again (not even kidding) and now they are overwhelmed at the fact that we have a Senior Couple as well- pshhhh, Elder's don`t get enough credit around here. The senior couple is really nice- The Petersons. Not really sure where they are from yet, but I'll find out soon enough.

This week has been a good one! I came to the realization that I really can't imagine a world without snow in it anymore. It`s kinda sad- anytime there used to be the slightest chance of snow it was like the best thing ever...now I'm just sick of it. Je suis bien tanné de la neige. How I long for summer...

I also went on an exchange with one of the Zone Leaders back to my old area in the South Shore- it was nice to see some people that I have missed for a while.

I am continuing to learn so much literally every day that I am here. The focus this week has just continued to stay with our less actives. It's kinda funny to see how just everything relates back to the Doctrine of Christ. His Gospel is the "what" and the "why" of this life, and especially in missionary work. Anything, no matter what we do ties itself back to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is something we have been trying to focus on with our investigators this past week as well- once people have their reason "why," then there is nothing that will keep them from getting baptized. That is really what missionary work is all about- the Doctrine of Christ and helping people find their "why." I am also really beginning to understand just how the Spirit works through each one of us- it's such an incredible thing to see. I am super excited to see where these next few weeks take us- the ward here has soooooooooooooo much potential- it really is amazing and exciting to see. I hope y'all have a great week! A la prochaine!

Love,

Elder Cody Warren Ritz

No comments :

Post a Comment