Monday, December 8, 2014

J'ai reçu une branche dans mon oeil... et je pars au Sherbrooke

Salut ma mère! So yeppppp I am getting transferred this wednesday. It's called Sherbrooke- about an hour north of Montréal in the townships. I am super excited for that, and I even know who my companion is too, because it is still in the same zone. Needless to say though, I am superrrrrr bummmmmed that I will be missing Geraldine and Reida's baptisms. We broke the news to them yesterday, and they both were so confused- the look on Geraldine's face- man it was so sad. We explained how it works with them though and they are excited for me as I am for them as well.

This week has kinda tested my patience in a lot of ways. We have had trouble getting things to follow through, and I ended up scratching my Cornea on an elusive tree branch Thursday night...yeah, that sucked. Even with that, we had a few lessons, did a service project, taught an English class, and went to go sing for the old ladies once again. It wasn't exactly easy, but really I have been humbled by this past week. Sister Patrick had me go to a medical center on the other side of the city just to make sure there wasn't any permanent damage- don't worry I'm fine. And it is feeling a lot better today. My patience has been kind of thin this past week for various reasons, and I started to notice that it was affecting my work. I hadn't realized it until a certain point- it happened gradually- and that's how Satan works. It came to a point where I had to make a conscious effort to keep focusing and working hard as well as have more patience, and as soon as I started that's when I hit my eye. I really have been humbled this past week, and I have started feeling a lot better with everything over the weekend. I am not going to do anything that will compromise my ability to be the best I can for the people here and to be able to teach by the spirit. When we recognize the spirit in our lives, that's when we are the happiest. And I started to notice it more once I started working harder- even despite my hurting eye, I just kept working and and just kept feeling better. That's a principle that applies in all aspects of life- it's the enabling power of the atonement.

I am so grateful for the time I have spent here in Lemoyne, and I look forward to meeting new people in a new area. I also am looking forward to seeing y'all on Christmas! Kaitlyn, you betta start brushin up that French!

Love,

Elder Cody Warren Ritz

No comments :

Post a Comment