Monday, November 3, 2014

Greetings from the North Pole

First, to answer your questions- no I have no idea if I can save the emails or not. Second, I did not get transferred because the new missionaries stay in their areas for the first 12 weeks- we'll see what happens after these next six weeks. So as for right now, I am still in the south shore right off the island of Montrèal.

This weekend we had general conference- once again it is so interesting to participate in the different church events in a different language. The stake really has a lot of cool activities lined up- at the end of this month we are doing media splits with members and youth- basically they come on splits with us and post it to facebook and twitter and all the social media. It's something they have been doing in a few missions and it has brought some good success. So, they are trying it here as well. They actually are letting our families keep track of the day too by following the posts of the members we are with. I'll give you more details on that later- I know how much you would love that mom.

Also, they are planning a flash mob for the first week in December. Basically, we are just going caroling in the big underground mall in Montrèal, but they are calling it a flash mob so the youth catch onto it as well. President has already told Norman and I that we will be in it, so we are looking forward to that as well.

This week we have picked up a new investigator which is always exciting, and we have also met some interesting people as well. We got cussed out by this one old lady, and there was another guy who freaked out on my companion just for asking how he was doing. Gotta love it. Really though, people continue to amaze me- for good reasons and for bad reasons. We are still continuing to work with Geraldine as well and we a praying that everything works out with the dad in Nigeria. They are so ready to get baptized- and they strengthen my faith every time we go to teach them. There is also this African refugee family in the ward that we have been working with- the mom just died, so it is just the dad and his 6 kids. it's a sad situation, but they love coming to church and the ward has really been great in embracing them. We will see how their situation develops- right now we are trying to help them get ready for winter here. (right now I'm trying to help myself do that) The wind here absolutely bites. I am now in the coldest weather I have every experienced in my life and it is only November...give me strength.

Thank you for the updates on dad, and that selfie is lovely. Kaitlyn, lookin beautiful as always. I really wish I could be there to make fun of Ryan too every time I hear his voice crack-oh well, hopefully he doesn't grow too quick. I swear, if he is taller than me by the time I get back...

I am continually working hard out here and am grateful for the blessings in my life here and with y'all as well. Something that I have been studying lately is how the Lord helps us fight our battles. No matter how bad things get, the Lord will fight for us. And that is something that I really have seen these past two weeks after hearing about Dad- it hasn't been easy for me, I know it hasn't been easy for y'all- but the Lord has fought for us, and continues to do so. Each and every one- friends and family. I get so much strength from him every day as I continue to work hard out here.

I gotta go for this week, but tell everyone I love and appreciate them! Tell Dad to keep workin hard on that therapy!

Love,

Elder Cody Warren Ritz

No comments :

Post a Comment